This exercise is designed to act as a quick test of your emotional awareness. It is not diagnostic, but it should give you an idea of any areas of weakness you may want to work on.
Mark each of the following statements true or false:
- I can usually maintain a good mood even if something bad happens.
- Putting my feelings and emotions into words is easy for me.
- I learn from unpleasant experiences and behave differently the next time.
- When I don't like something someone has said, I find it easy to tell them.
- I quickly notice the moods of the people around me.
- I can tell exactly what emotions close friends are feeling.
- I can easily talk to someone I am romantically attracted to.
- I find it easy to buy gifts or plan surprises for those close to me.
- I can describe my current emotional state – how I feel right now –...