Using the following instructions, try creating a motivator map:
- Take a blank sheet of paper and write down all the things that motivate you to do what you do. Everything that influences you, whether it's something you want to avoid or something you want to get. Don't worry about order, just get everything down.
- When you have finished, take another blank sheet of paper, and draw lines to divide it into four. This will be your motivator map.
- Then, label the top-left "Extrinsic negative," the top-right "Extrinsic positive," the bottom-left "Intrinsic negative," and the bottom-right "Intrinsic positive."
- Write each of the motivators from your first list into the quadrants on the motivator map.
- When you've written all your motivators on the map, add up how many fall into each category.
You can see...