In the previous chapter, we developed a complete extension for Dynamics 365 Business Central, and during development, we looked at many aspects of AL programming.
In this chapter, we'll focus on other development topics that you need to manage when developing real-world solutions for Dynamics 365 Business Central. These topics are important and useful, especially for improving the user experience and when you need to handle integrations with external services from AL.
This chapter will cover the following topics:
- Understanding immutable keys
- Handling files with AL
- Handling BLOBs
- Handling XMLports
- Handling XML and JSON objects with AL
- Creating and extending Role Centers and headlines
- Consuming web services and APIs from AL code
- Using Azure functions from AL code
- Using Isolated Storage to handle sensitive data
- Creating control add-ins for Dynamics 365...