In most cases, Odoo is used by multi-user organizations. In every organization, each user has different roles, and they have different access based on their role. For example, the HR manager does not have access to the company's accounting information. With access rights and record rules, you can specify which information the user can access in Odoo. In this chapter, we will learn how to specify access rights rules and record rules.
Such compartmentalization of access and security requires that we provide access to roles as per their permission levels. We will learn about this in this chapter.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Creating security groups and assigning them to users
- Adding security access to models
- Limiting access to fields in models
- Limiting record access using record rules
- Using security groups to activate features
- Accessing recordsets as a superuser
- Hiding view elements and menus...