Inspecting the team with the Sprint Retrospective
The Sprint Retrospective is the last event to take place during the Sprint and signifies the end of the Sprint. It is an opportunity for the Scrum Team to inspect itself and create a plan for improvements to be enacted during the next Sprint. It is time-boxed at a maximum of 3 hours for a 1-month Sprint, and proportionately shorter for shorter Sprints. The event is attended by the entire Scrum Team.
The purpose of the Sprint Retrospective is for the Scrum Team to do the following:
- Inspect how it performed with regard to interpersonal relationships, processes, and tools.
- Identify and order the things that went well and the things that didn't.
- Create a plan for implementing improvements to the way it works.
Some of the basic questions the team is called to answer during the Sprint Retrospective are as follows:
- What went well during the Sprint?
- What didn't go well during the Sprint? ...