At the beginning of this section, I want to say that the numbers mentioned ahead are not limits for Business Central SaaS. The environment could operate using these numbers, but from my point of view, if you reach them, it will be better to have on-premises Business Central.
I did not pull these numbers out of thin air – they were presented at a Microsoft session about large customers at the Directions EMEA 2021 conference. These numbers are true at least for the years 2021-2022 and could change in the future.
So, you are a big customer if your single environment meets one of the following conditions:
- You have 1,000 records in the Users table.
- You have 800,000 records in the Sales Invoice Header table.
- You have 17 million records in the G/L Entry table.
- Your database is more than 400 GB.
- You migrate more than 160 GB from on-premises environments.
- Your users perform more than 82,000 interactions in the browser per hour.