You can join an existing team by either using the Join option (in the case of public teams) or asking the owner to add you as a member (in the case of private teams). This recipe will show youhow to join a new team.
You are added to an organization-wide team as soon as you are added to your organization's Microsoft 365 tenant. For public and private teams, you need to take the following steps.
How to do it...
To join a team, do the following:
- Select Teams from the left-hand side pane.
- To join a public team, click on the Join or create a team option.
- You should see all the publicly available teams.
- Click on the Join team option to join the team.
- To join private teams, the team owner will have to either add you as a member or send you a team code. A team code can be generated by going to Team | Settings | Team code.
- Click the 3 dots next to the team...