SharePoint lets you view and change a variety of settings for your list.
In this recipe, we will use the Marketing Announcements list that we created earlier to add validation rules for the information that users can add to your list. We will add validation rules to ensure the following:
- The Announcement Start Date value is greater than the current date
- The Expires date entered by the users is greater than the Announcement Start Date value
You will need Edit, Design, or Full Control access permissions to the list for which you'd like to view or change settings.
How to do it...
- Browse to the list for which you would like to view or change the settings.
- Click the settings gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Click List settings, as shown in the following screenshot: