Controls is the generic term for fields and other visual elements that you can add to a form. There are many different controls:
- Fields: You can only add fields from the entity. The control used for the field will depend on the data type of the field.
- Canvas app: You can embed a Power Apps canvas app in a model-driven form.
- Quick view form: You can embed a quick view form for any of the entities that have a many-to-one relationship. The fields in the quick view form are read-only.
- Subgrid: A list of related records. You can add a subgrid for one-to-many and many-to-many relationships.
- Timeline: The activities. The timeline is added to the form automatically if you check the Enable for activities property when creating an entity.
There are controls that you can only add using the classic form editor:
- Spacer: Controls are added next to or beneath another control. Spacers allow you to create a blank space between controls.
- Web resource: Web resources contain HTML...