Similarly, for canvas apps, there are several techniques and options you can use to improve app performance:
- Controls: Keep the number of controls on a form as low as possible and make use of galleries instead of cards. The more controls you have, the slower the app will be.
- Use delegation: Check that queries are executed on the server, not in the app. If queries are not delegated, you will see poor performance when opening your app.
- Data connections: Limit the number of connections.
- Caching: Use the ClearCollect function to cache data during OnStart.
- Delayed load: Enable this option if you have multiple screens. It will only populate a screen when the screen is accessed rather than at startup.
- Delay output: Enable this option on text input fields so formulas are not evaluated on each keystroke.
- Formulas: Reduce the number of times a formula is used by setting a variable once and then referencing the stored result elsewhere.