There are several exams for Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Let's discuss them briefly:
- MB-901: Dynamics 365 Fundamentals: If you are new to Dynamics 365, you should take this exam before you attempt PL-200. This exam introduces you to some of the concepts in Dynamics 365. PL-200 assumes some familiarity with Dynamics 365 model-driven apps.
- PL-900: Power Platform Fundamentals: If you are new to the Power Platform, you should take this exam before you attempt PL-200. This is for many reasons—it introduces you to the components of the Power Platform; and PL-200 assumes a certain level of knowledge. This exam gives you vital exam experience so that when you come to take PL-200, you will know how the questions work.
- PL-100: Power Platform App Maker: This exam covers many of the same topics as PL-200 but is aimed more at the citizen developer, that is, a person who creates apps for themselves or their colleagues as part of their job. PL-200 is aimed more at the IT professional whose job is to build solutions with the Power Platform. If you have only built a couple of apps, the PL-100 exam is a more appropriate exam.
- MB-210: Dynamics 365 Sales: PL-200 and MB-210 complement each other, the former focusing on out-of-the-box application functionality and the other on customizing and deploying the apps.
- MB-220: Dynamics 365 Marketing: The Marketing exam focuses on using, configuring, and administering the Marketing application. Marketing is a complex application built for B2B marketing and is often implemented alongside the Sales app.
- MB-230: Dynamics 365 Customer Service: The Customer Service exam focuses on using, configuring, and administering the Customer Service application. PL-200 and MB-230 complement each other, with the former focusing on out-of-the-box application functionality and the other on customizing and deploying the app.
- MB-240: Dynamics 365 Field Service: The Field Service exam focuses on configuring and administering the Field Service application. Field Service is a complex application that requires significant domain-level knowledge. Field Service can be implemented on its own or along with the Sales or Customer Service apps.
- PL-400: Power Platform Developer: The PL-400 exam is aimed at the developer role and is for candidates who are extending the Power Platform. The PL-400 exam is not a prerequisite for the developer certification but there are many areas in PL-200 that a developer needs to know. There are overlaps in the topics covered by these two exams; for example, creating entities, fields, and relationships; security; and processes. I believe a good developer should have many of the skills tested in PL-200 and should attempt PL-200 before taking PL-400.
- MB-600: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Solutions Architect: The MB-600 is aimed at the Solutions Architect role. A solutions architect is responsible for leading implementations, addressing the broader business and technical needs of the organization. The PL-200 exam is a prerequisite for the Solutions Architect Expert certification.
You can find more about each respective exam at the following URLs:
As you can see, each of these exams relates to the PL-200 exam.