Selecting based on context
Revisiting the initial section on Assimilating capabilities, it's not fair to state one method or another is more robust or better than another. All of the practices described in this book are comprehensive in terms of their scope and capabilities but evolved to address different needs and purposes. No one should be calling someone else's baby ugly. Please read this section from this perspective – context is everything.
This section provides a series of tabular information that evaluates the application of each of the Scrum and Lean-Agile approaches in a particular situation or context. The contextual situations presented include the following:
- Implementation of the Scrum Framework
- Implementation of Systems Thinking
- Implementation of Lean development
- Guidance on business drivers
- Overcoming cultural influences
- Software development practices rules, guides, and techniques
- Implementation of portfolio management...