This chapter introduced a lot of new concepts. Let's briefly summarize what we have learned about the Kubernetes architecture.
Kubernetes (k8s) is an open source platform for automating container operations such as deployment, scheduling, and scalability across a cluster of nodes. Using Kubernetes, you can:
- Automate the deployment and replication of containers
- Scale up and down containers on the fly
- Organize containers in groups and provide load balancing between them
- Easily roll out new versions of application containers
- Provide fault tolerance mechanisms to your application--if a container dies it gets replaced
- Kubernetes consists of:
- A Cluster: A group of nodes.
- Nodes: Physical or virtual machines that act as workers. Each node runs the kubelet, proxy, and a Docker engine process.
- The Master node: Provides a unified view into the cluster. It delivers the Kubernetes...