In this short recipe, we are going to stop a running KVM instance, we provisioned in the last recipe, using the familiar
openstack command syntax.
For this recipe, we are going to need the following:
- A database server, a message queue, and
memcachedinstalled and configured, as described in the Preparing the host for the OpenStack deployment recipe.
- The Glance service with an available image. For more information on how to deploy Glance and add a new image, refer to the Installing and configuring the OpenStack Glance image service recipe.
- The Keystone service we deployed in theInstalling and configuring the OpenStack Keystone identity servicerecipe.
- The Nova services we configured in theInstalling and configuring the OpenStack Nova compute servicerecipe.
- The Neutron service that was deployed in the Installing and configuring the OpenStack Neutron networking service recipe.
- A running KVM instance, provisioned with OpenStack.