When it comes to cloud-hosted and fully managed build services, which compiles our source code, runs unit tests, and produces artifacts that are ready to deploy, then AWS CodeBuild comes into the picture.
Instead of using Jenkins or Bamboo, we can use AWS CodeBuild, and then skip the following issues:
- Setting up a Jenkins on a server and maintaining it
- Maintaining the cluster security
- Upgrading the Jenkins software over time
- Monitoring and recovering from Jenkins downtime
- Capacity planning so the cluster can handle all our build volume
If you setup the build server of your own, then you have to pay a big bill to the engineers to keep the cluster scaled up 24/7 and maintain the Jenkins cluster. If the build server will have any issues, then the team won't be able to ship the latest code, until the build server is fixed.
AWS CodeBuild is elastic...