In this chapter, you're going to learn the inner workings of one of the most complex tasks for machine learning today: language translation! Once you learn the inner workings, you'll be introduced to Watson's Language Translator service, and how Watson's complex technology is wrapped into just a few lines of code for you. Then, you'll be shown how to use the Natural Language Classifier service, which enables you to categorize text into different categories, much like the Visual Recognition service, but for text.
Natural Language Translation is specifically a very difficult task. Let's explore how it's been done in the past!
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Translating natural languages – the past
- Translating natural languages – the present
- Translating between languages with language translator
- Training custom NMT models with Watson
- Categorizing text using natural language classifier