In the previous chapter, we learned how to leverage and utilize AWS WAF for protecting your web applications against commonly occurring web attacks and exploitations. In this chapter, we will be exploring two really useful and must-have security and governance services in the form of AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config!
Keeping this in mind, let's have a quick look at the various topics that we will be covering in this chapter:
- Introducing AWS CloudTrail, its concepts, and how it works
- Enabling CloudTrail for your AWS environment by creating your very own Trail
- Integrating and managing CloudTrail Logs using Amazon CloudWatch
- Automating Amazon CloudWatch alarms for CloudTrail using CloudFormation
- Viewing CloudTrail Logs using Amazon Elasticsearch
- Introducing Amazon Config and how it works
There is so much to do, so let's get started right away!