Well, that was really quite a lot to learn and try out, but we are not done yet! There are still a few things that you ought to try on your own with SNS, as well as with SQS. First up, Amazon SNS mobile push notifications.
We have already touched upon the fact that Amazon SNS can be used to send notifications to a variety of subscribers, including HTTP, HTTPS endpoints, Amazon SQS, and AWS Lambda, but one other key feature recently added is SNS' ability to push notifications directly to your applications on mobile devices. This is called SNS mobile push notifications and, as of now, SNS supports the following push notification services:
- Amazon Device Messaging (ADM)
- Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) for both iOS and macOS
- Baidu Cloud Push (Baidu)
- Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for Android
- Microsoft Push Notification Service (MPNS) for Windows Phone
- Windows Push Notification Services or Windows Notification Service (WNS)
It's pretty easy and straightforward to get started...