In the previous chapter, we learned about two really useful services that developers can leverage to build highly scalable and decoupled applications in the cloud: Amazon SNS and Amazon SQS.
In this chapter, we will be turning things up a notch and exploring two amazingly powerful AWS services that are ideal for processing and running large-scale analytics and data warehousing in the cloud: Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
Keeping this in mind, let's have a quick look at the various topics that we will be covering in this chapter:
- Understanding the AWS analytics suite of services with an in-depth look at Amazon EMR, along with its use cases and benefits
- Introducing a few key EMR concepts and terminologies, along with a quick getting started tour
- Running a sample workload on EMR, using steps
- Introducing Amazon Redshift
- Getting started with an Amazon Redshift cluster
- Working with Redshift databases and tables
- Loading data from Amazon...