There are three ways to move metadata to production:
- From a sandbox to a Production Org
- From one Production Org to another Production Org
- From a developer org to a Production Org
- Change Sets
- The Ant Migration Tool
- The Force.com IDE
- Third-party tools that use the Metadata API or the Tooling API
- The SOAP API
- Visual Studio Code with Salesforce DX plugins
To use a Change Set, a sandbox must be connected to a Production Organization. In the previous chapter, we discussed creating a sandbox and creating a connection between the sandbox and production organization. This is the traditional and most simple way to send configuration and metadata changes from one sandbox to another or from one sandbox to a Production Organization.
There are two different types of...