Linux is a multiuser OS, so it is essential to have a basic understanding of user management. In this chapter, you will learn how to add, delete, modify, and suspend user accounts and grant them permissions to perform essential tasks. You will also learn how to apply password policies in a Linux environment.
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Understanding different types of users and groups in CentOS 7
- Executing commands as a superuser in CentOS 7
- Creating, modifying, and deleting local user accounts
- Creating, modifying, and deleting local group accounts
- Managing user passwords and aging policies