Try these questions to test your knowledge from this chapter:
- What are the key differences between IPv4 and IPv6?
- Are the IP addresses given by the
ifconfigcommands the same IP addresses that a remote web server sees if you connect to it?
- What is the IPv4 loopback address?
- What is the IPv6 loopback address?
- How are domain names (for example,
example.com) resolved into IP addresses?
- How can you find your public IP address?
- How does an operating system know which application is responsible for an incoming packet?
The answers are in Appendix A, Answers to Questions.