- What port does HTTPS typically operate on?
HTTPS connects over TCP port
- How many keys does symmetric encryption use?
Symmetric encryption uses one key. Data is encrypted and decrypted with the same key.
- How many keys does asymmetric encryption use?
Asymmetric encryption use two different, but mathematically related, keys. Data is encrypted with one and decrypted with the other.
- Does TLS use symmetric or asymmetric encryption?
TLS use both symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms to function.
- What is the difference between SSL and TLS?
TLS is the successor to SSL. SSL is now deprecated.
- What purpose do certificates fulfill?
Certificates allow a server or client to verify their identity.