- Which tool would you use to test the reachability of a target system?
ping tool is useful to test reachability.
- Which tool lists the routers to a destination system?
tracert on Windows) tool will show the network path to a target system.
- What are raw sockets used for?
Raw sockets allow the programmer to specify directly what goes into a network packet. They provide lower-level access than TCP and UDP sockets, and can be used to implement additional protocols, such as ICMP.
- Which tools list the open TCP sockets on your system?
The netstat tool can be used to show open connections on your local system.
- What is one of the biggest concerns with security for networked C programs?
When programming networked applications in C, special care must be given to memory safety. Even a small mistake could allow an attacker to compromise your program.