As we did in the previous section for the RDS, it is convenient here to replace a software installed in an EC2 machine with a managed service.
We will benefit from the following features:
- Deploy and reliability on multiple AZs
- A web interface to manage the proxy instead of the Apache configuration files
- A fully manageable service that doesn't need to perform software upgrades
- Scalability to handle requests (pre-warmingis requested in some scenarios)
- Ease of storing logs on an S3 bucket
Alternatively, when you use an ELB you need to follow the AWS method and you are not free to customize this as you want. Apache is the Swiss knife of the web server; it has modules that make it possible to do so many different kinds of operations and actions. Using an ELB, it is possible to lose something that may be useful, such as a redirect from HTTP...