In this section, we will cover the Docker Benchmark Security application that you can install and run. The tool will inspect the following:
- The host configuration
- The Docker daemon configuration
- The Docker daemon configuration files
- Container images and build files
- Container runtime
- The Docker security operations
- Docker Swarm configuration
Look familiar? It should, as these are the same items that we reviewed in the previous section, only built into an application that will do a lot of the heavy lifting for you. It will show you what warnings arise within your configurations, and will provide information on other configuration items, and even the items that have passed the test.
Now, we will look at how to run the tool, a live example, and what the output of the process means.