In this recipe, we will cover using Snort, a third-party network intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) for traffic shaping. In particular, we will use Snort to block BitTorrent traffic.
- First, install Snort:
- Navigate to System | Package Manager.
- Click on the Available Packages tab.
- Find Snort in the list and click on the Install button:
- You will be redirected to the Package Installer tab. Click on the Confirm button on this tab to install Snort and its dependencies.
- The Package Installation list should keep you informed of the progress in downloading and installing Snort. The process should not take long.
- If you haven't done so, already, set up a Snort account:
- From a web browser, navigate to https...