Let's try to wrap up some of the essential concepts we learned about in this chapter by completing the following quiz:
- What are idempotent operations or commands in Ansible?
- You want to set up passwordless authentication with your managed hosts. What steps should you follow?
- What is the ad hoc command for checking the communication with all your managed hosts?
- Enumerate a few Ansible modules. Try to think of a configuration management scenario where you could use each module.
- What is the ad hoc command for running an arbitrary shell operation or process on a remote host, such as
- Write a simple playbook with a single task using the
- Write a playbook for copying your current directory to a remote host.
- You must deploy secret API keys to every host into a well-defined location, each host with its own API key. How would you design and implement this functionality?
- Think of a simple playbook that monitors...