Here are a few thoughts and questions that sum up the main ideas covered in this chapter:
- Linux is a multiuser and multitasking operating system. The permissions provide a related isolation and security context to protect user resources from inadvertent access.
- What is a superuser?
- Think of a command-line utility for creating users. Can you think of another one?
- What is the octal value of the
- What is the difference between a primary group and a secondary (supplementary) group?
- How do you change the ownership of a user's home directory?
- Can you remove a user from the system without deleting their home directory? How?