Pragmatic Application of Service Management
In this chapter, we will explore the nature of continual improvement. There are a variety of organizations and individuals that have described what continual improvement is and how to be successful in applying it to large strategic initiatives and incremental operational improvements. This discussion will look at the activities involved in continual improvement with the intent of explaining the reasoning and value of applying this approach to establishing and executing a service management initiative. It will help you understand the necessity of following a consistent and repeatable approach to initiating and sustaining a service management program.
In this chapter, we are going to cover the following main topics:
- Delving into the vision, mission, goals, and objectives
- Understanding assessment and desired state
- Exploring planning and execution
- Comprehending measures and reports
- Examining rinse and repeat, or do...