Data center exit – how to get to Azure as quickly as possible
- The customer needs to vacate the facility that houses the legacy system
- The legacy system is the last application remaining in the data center, driving up costs
- The contracts on the legacy hardware and software have a pending renewal that will increase costs
- Costs related to keeping the data center running are too expensive
- The application itself currently meets business requirements
This implies that minimal code changes are required. However, the target architecture on Azure and deployment methodologies can be adapted to the needs of a particular customer.