Manage risks with Cloud Security Posture Management
We discussed methodologies to implement security policies in the various clouds. Now, we also have to make sure that these policies are followed to ensure that our environments stay compliant. That’s the key function of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM):
- Detect cloud misconfigurations
- Remediate cloud misconfigurations, preferable through automation
- Manage best practices for different cloud configurations and services
- Check cloud health status to a security control framework and compliance standards
- Monitor cloud services, including storage solutions, encryption and account permissions
CSPM is designed to detect and remediate risks that might be caused by bad configurations of cloud services. Since we work in multi-cloud, we have to find tools that can scan multiple environments in clouds. Some of these tools are also able to check against regulatory frameworks such as HIPAA, alert and even automatically remediate issues...