In this section, we will show you how to use Helm charts in Kubernetes. Helm is the package manager for Kubernetes, which helps developers and SREs to easily package, configure, and deploy applications.
You will learn how to install Helm on your cluster and use Helm to manage the life cycle of third-party applications.
Make sure you have a Kubernetes cluster ready and kubectl configured to manage the cluster resources.
How to do it…
This section is further divided into the following subsections to ease the process:
- Installing Helm 2.x
- Installing an application using Helm charts
- Searching for an application in Helm repositories
- Updating an application using Helm
- Rolling back an application using Helm
- Adding new Helm repositories
- Deleting an application using Helm
- Building a Helm chart
Installing Helm 2.x
Let's perform the following steps to configure the prerequisites and install Helm:
- Create a ServiceAccount by using...