FOSSA is an open source software license compliance tool that allows modern teams to be successful with open source software development. In this section, we will scan software licenses with the FOSSA framework. You will learn how to automate license compliance and vulnerability checks.
All the operations mentioned here require a FOSSA account. If you don't have one, go to https://app.fossa.com/account/register and create one.
How to do it…
This section is further divided into the following subsections to make this process easier:
- Adding projects to FOSSA
- Triaging licensing issues
- Adding a FOSSA badge to your project
Adding projects to FOSSA
Let's perform the following steps to add projects to FOSSA:
- Log in to FOSSA at https://app.fossa.com/projects.
- Click on the ADD PROJECTS button:
- Select QUICK IMPORT and then Continue:
- Select your repository location. In this recipe, we will use Gitlab: