In this chapter, we will focus on the backup and disaster recovery scenarios that keep applications in production highly available and allow them to quickly recover services during cloud provider or basic Kubernetes node failures. After following the recipes in this chapter, you will have gained the skills to operate the tools that are used for disaster recovery (DR) and be able to live-migrate applications across clusters and clouds.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Configuring and managing S3 object storage using MinIO
- Managing Kubernetes Volume Snapshots and restore
- Application backup and recovery using Velero
- Application backup and recovery using Kasten
- Cross-cloud application migration