In this section, we will work on two types of data:
- Your own pins extracted through Pinterest API
- Scraped search results
Pinterest uses a RESTful API that lets you access the platform data. The data comes in the form of boards, pins, followers, and more. In order to interact with the API it is necessary to use OAUTH which allows both read and write permissions.
Communication with the API requires an access token. The access token can be obtained by creating an application on a user's Pinterest account. After creating an application, we need to go through a few steps to get all the access privileges.
The first task is to create an application to communicate with the API:
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Go to apps at https://developers.pinterest.com/apps/.
- Agree to the terms and policy and click on
- Choose a name and create the app.
Pinterest has clear rules and policies in terms of using its...