In the previous chapters, we've seen how to use Rattle to modify and explore our data. The exploration we've done is mainly a mathematical exploration. Qlik Sense is the perfect tool to explore and understand the data from a business point of view. Qlik Sense is easy and intuitive. In this chapter, we'll create a simple application in order to explore the basics of Qlik Sense.
To create a simple application, we'll follow these steps:
- Download an example dataset
- Learn how to load it into Qlik Sense
- Learn about the Qlik Sense data model and its application structure
- Learn how to create basic charts such as bar and pie charts
- To finish our application, we'll create some filters that will help us to select the desired information
- Finally, we'll learn to explore our dataset using Qlik Sense; at this point, we'll start answering basic business questions