In the previous chapter, we explored the Internet of Things (IoT) as well as the IBM Watson IoT Platform. We also created our first simple solution. In this chapter, we will put this into practice by creating a simple end-to-end solution, from selecting the device to creating the device firmware and an application designed to control a simple garden watering system.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Understanding how to set up a solution
- Creating a connected device
- Creating a simple application connected to the platform
- Publishing and processing device events
- Publishing actions to devices
- How to get help when you're in trouble