Hyperledger Fabric is the most widely-used permissioned blockchain in the Hyperledger family. It is an open source enterprise-grade platform that leverages a highly-modular and configurable architecture. Hyperledger Fabric is optimized for a broad range of industry use cases, including the finance, banking, healthcare, insurance, and public sectors, as well as supply chains and digital asset management.
Hyperledger Fabric supports smart contact development in general-purpose programming languages, such as Java, Go, and Node.js. Hyperledger Fabric is also operating under a governance model to build trust between participants on a shared network.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Reviewing the Hyperledger Fabric architecture and components
- Installing Hyperledger Fabric on AWS
- Building the Fabric network
- Adding an organization to a channel
- Using CouchDB
- Writing your first application