Payments received from customers are recorded in Oracle Receivables. Other non-invoice-based revenue can also be recorded, for example, bank interest. In this recipe, we will enter receipts.
Log in to Oracle E-Business Suite R12 with the username and password assigned to you by the system administrator. If you are working on the Vision demonstration database, you can use OPERATIONS/WELCOME as the USERNAME/PASSWORD.
Let's enter a standard receipt of $285 for invoice number 12065 from SheepWall Inc.
1. Select the Receivables responsibility.
2. Navigate to Receipts | Receipts:
3. In the Receipt Method field, select Manual.
4. In the Receipt Number field, enter RN-1234.
5. In the Receipt Type field, select Standard.
6. In the Receipt Amount field, enter 285.00.
7. Select the Main tab.
8. In the Customer region, select the Name field and enter SheepWall Inc.
9. Click the Save button to save the transaction.
Let's apply the receipt to invoice number 12065...