In the last chapter, we found out a lot about polygons and how to use them in real-time graphics. We will continue the work with polygons, and learn more about texturing them.
In this chapter, we will learn the following:
- Basics of how to use Blender
- How to apply basic UV texture mapping
- How to export texture maps
- How to create an MTL file to properly show real-time OBJ texturing and materials
- Pulling it all together for our teapot gallery
Blender is just one of many polygon modelers that you can use to make virtual objects for use with WebVR. If you are already familiar with the concepts of polygon modeling, and creating and editing UV maps, you wouldn't really need most of this chapter. Once we do the UV mapping, we import the model into the world. I've also placed the static files for this chapter at: http://bit.ly/VR_Chap7 so you can download them instead of building them. UV modeling can be tedious. You won't hurt my feelings if you just download...