One of the most significant advantages of using Blender to produce any content related to video is the immediate availability of a full-featured 3D editor. Whenever you need to create animation and blend that with 3D content, all you have to do is change the editor type.
In this chapter, you will learn how to use some of the 3D tools in Blender to emulate a bi-dimensional animation editor with an orthographic camera. From that orthographic camera, we will add text, graphics as textures, and an animated background.
Here is what you will learn:
- Managing cameras in Blender
- Creating and setting up an orthographic camera
- Adding and editing 3D text
- Assigning textures to objects
- Using transparent textures for enhanced graphics
- Creating animations from 3D objects
- Editing animation speed
- Using multiple scenes in the Sequencer...