Currently, we aren't able to pause the game, nor do we have an options screen that can manipulate the settings of the game. In this section, we are going to combine these ideas so that our game is capable of pausing and we will also be able to change the volume of the music and sound effects.
In this section, we are going to do the following:
- Add the pause button to the top corner of the screen.
- Create a pause screen.
- Add the option to resume the game.
- Add the option to quit the game.
- Add a slider for music and sound effects.
- Create and hook up Audio Mixer to both sliders.
The end result of the pause screen can be seen in the following screenshot:
Let's make a start by focusing on the visuals of the pause screen. Then, we will hook up the sliders and buttons.
To start with the pause UI visuals, we need to do...