In this paragraph, we will discover how we can integrate Android and Android Things. Nowadays, there are several market products that have a mobile companion app to interact with smart systems. Here are a few of them that we can remember:
- Remote controlled smart light systems.
- Alarm systems.
- Remote controlled appliances.
Therefore, it is important to describe how we can integrate the smartphones ecosystems with Android Things. This section focuses its attention on Android smartphones but you can reuse the same strategies when integrating iOS apps with Android Things.
Generally speaking, there are three diﬀerent scenarios:
- A smartphone controls a smart object (like the Android Things board) (master- slave pattern).
- A smartphone receives data stream through the Android Things board.
- A smartphone receives notifications from the Android Things system when an event occurs.
We covered the last point in Chapter 2, Creating an Alarm System Using Android...