In the previous chapter, you learned how to use the MQTT protocol to communicate with your devices. You also learn the pros and the cons of the protocol and how to use it in a secure manner.
In this chapter, we'll introduce the HTTP protocol, and how it can be used to communicate with your connected things. The chapter covers:
- An introduction to the HTTP protocol
- The Request/Response communication pattern
- How to locate resources on the web
- Basic principles of the HTTP protocol semantics
- Publishing machine-readable web service interfaces
- Encryption fundamentals