We have covered a lot of material up to this point. Way back in Chapter 4, Important Qt Concepts, we talked about threads in relation to signals and slots. In this chapter, we will take a deeper dive into Qt's multifaceted thread support.
I have broken down our discussion of Qt's thread support into three sections:
- Examining Qt's different threading models
- Solving problems with threads
- Overcoming cross-thread communication and synchronization
When you have finished with this chapter, you should have learned the following subjects through hands-on examples:
- Which threading models Qt supports and where they can be used
- How to use threads to make a responsive UI
- How to look at problems in terms of threads
- How to synchronize threads
- The different methods of sharing data between threads
- What Qt does to support communicating...