This chapter contained information that is vital when working with coroutines. Knowing about the different states of a job and how to calculate the current one is important in order to monitor them. Let's recap the topics that were covered in this chapter:
- Job is used for background tasks that don't return anything.
- Deferred is used when the background operation returns something that we want to receive.
- A job can have many states: New, Active, Canceling, Cancelled, and Completed.
- The isActive, isCancelled, and isCompleted properties can be used to determine the current state of a job.
- Deferred extends job to add the possibility to return something.
- The possible states of deferred are the same as that of a job.
- A job's state can only move forward; it can't be returned to a previous state.
- A final state is one of the states from which a job can&apos...