This chapter has introduced many new topics that are going to be needed for the upcoming, more advanced topics. Let's review the chapter once more to refresh our memory:
- We started by doing some Android programming, creating a RecyclerView and displaying the news from the RSS feeds.
- We talked about how an Adapter maps a set of data into views, and how a ViewHolder is used as part of that.
- We learned that Android's RecyclerView will avoid creating views as much as possible; instead, it will recycle them as the user scrolls.
- We talked about suspending functions, and learned that they offer a flexible way to define suspending code.
- We mentioned that async functions – a function returning an implementation of Job – should never be part of a public API, to avoid the risk of forcing a certain implementation.
- We covered the interesting topic of the coroutine...