Differences between MVC and Razor Pages
- Both are great web frameworks for building dynamic web applications. They have their own benefits. You just have to use which approach is better suited in certain situations.
- Both MVC and Razor Pages value the separation of concerns. MVC is just more strict as it follows a specific pattern.
- Learning MVC may take you more time due to its complexity. You have to understand the underlying concept behind it.
- Learning Razor Pages is easier as it's less magical, more straightforward, and more organized. You don't have to switch between folders just to build a page.
- The MVC structure is grouped by functionality. For example, all actions in the view should sit within the
Controllerclass to follow the convention. This makes MVC very flexible, especially when dealing with complex URL routings.
- The Razor Pages structure is grouped by features...