There are a lot more menu options than the ones we have looked at, so far, in the Datadog dashboard. However, these are the core features that you will use on a regular basis, especially if you are a DevOps engineer who is responsible for maintaining the Datadog account. Let's take a look at some of them and learn what exactly each option covers:
- Watchdog: Watchdog is an algorithmic feature that looks at available metrics data for any irregular patterns. Monitors can be created using this option to alert you to such aberrations.
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM): APM is an add-on feature that can be used if your account has a license for it.
- Notebook: A notebook is a collection of text and graphs collected serially with time. It is useful for documenting issues with highly visible data in the form of graphs.
- Logs: This option provides access to the add-on feature, Logs Management.
- Security: The Security Monitoring option can be...